*** NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS, USE STP101st ***
The STP100-ST is a bundle pack that includes (3) STP100's and (1) PP232-485f, along with the necessary RS485 cables needed to operate the motor controllers.
The STP100 is the perfect choice for small to medium stepper motor applications where step precision to 32 bits is required. The STP100 is divided into four functional blocks (Embedded Microprocessor, Stepper Logic, Motor Driver Circuit, and Serial Line Drivers). The embedded microprocessor gives the STP100 the ability to keep track of an absolute motor position. Among other things, the position is a signed 32-bit number. Other features of the STP100 that are microprocessor controlled include:
Motor acceleration and deceleration
Human readable command set
Multiple board command processing
STP100 board status queries:
(Motor Position, Pin Conditions, etc.)
The stepping logic for the STP100 is supplied by a SGS Thompson Stepper Chip with built-in current limiting and step logic. The driver chip supplies up to two Amps per stepper motor winding. The STP100 has the ability to drive both RS-232A and RS-485 serial lines.
The STP100 accepts commands in the form of serial data from a host computer and outputs amplified control signals for a bipolar stepper motor. There are four general purpose I/O lines that can be used for detecting home positions or motor limits. In addition, two of the I/O lines can be configured as 8-bit analog to digital converters.
With the addition of a PONTECH PP232-485F you can take advantage of the STP100 onboard RS-458 multiple drop network connection for addressing up to 255 boards. Cued commands can then be used for controlling two or more axis systems. Features * RS232 or RS485 interface
* Addressable up to 255 boards
* Controls Bi-polar Stepper Motors up to 2 Amps/phase
* Chopping current limiting
* Full, half or wave step modes
* Acceleration/deceleration ramping
* Speed, direction, position changing while motor is in motion
* 32-bit absolute position tracking
* 4-bit digital I/O for home limits
* Over temperature protection
* Power Supply (Motor) : 5VDC to 46VDC
* Power Supply (Logic) : 7VDC to 15VDC
* May use one supply if motor supply is in range of logic supply